Core Faculty Support Initiative
Engaging and retaining quality faculty has always been a challenge for Technical Institutions, specially for core subjects, and Moreso for outlying campus locations. More often than not lower cost/capability Ad-hoc or Guest Lecturers are engaged by colleges to tide over the availability and economics constraints. In low enrolment courses, the cost per enrol requires more evaluation. Inadvertently, the short-term measure of engaging sub-par talent has a long-term implication for the Institute in terms of student -competency, – outcomes, – satisfaction, and Institutional reputation. While some measures are unavoidable, balancing initiatives can mitigate or even reverse the negative fallouts.
In the face of rising industry expectations; faculty cost, quality and availability; uneven enrolments; and expanding subject-matter complexity; Institutions are continuously assessing:
- How can Colleges achieve better-learning-outcomes, and higher rankings and grades, even with sub-experienced faculty?
- How can Colleges increase the number of batches per faculty without increasing their workload?
- How can Colleges bring in more automation, more streamlined academic processes, and predictive academic outcomes?
- How Colleges can ensure timely course completion despite ever-expanding syllabus, co-curricular and extra-curricular demands?
- How Colleges can monitor the course progression, and outcomes of faculty sessions?
- How Colleges can aim for outcomes espoused in the new National Education Policy, and NBA Graduate Attribute lists, of subject competency, greater student participation in class, sufficient problem-Solving, and Complex-Problem-Solving skills, better communication skills, and inculcating Self-learning, and Life-long-learning attributes in their student cohorts.
For these and several more outcomes, Institutes have to shift their fundamental operating model from the Traditional Teaching (chalk-and-talk) model to a future-friendly Flipped-Teaching model.
The process, and economics for custom implemention of CFSI can be discussed upon receiving an Expression of Interest by the Institute