● 2Learn: Institute for Engineering and Applied Science” is a video learning platform for core-curriculum courses of B.Tech, Engg-Diploma and Applied Science domains.
● Vdo2Learn and Act2Learn are the current and upcoming initiatives under 2Learn platform.
● Key features of 2Learn include customised syllabus, mixed language instruction, Learning Outcome Curriculum Framework (LOCF), exam-oriented teaching, Integrated LMS, Interactive lessons and many more.
● 2Learn is an initiative of EduNeev Solutions Private Limited.
What is Vdo2Learn?
● Vdo2Learn or V2L is a Video Library offering for B.Tech and Diploma curriculum. V2L courses are customised to the syllabus of individual paper codes of each affiliating University or BTE.
● Courses are organised by Units, Sections, Topics and Video Learning Modules. Each VLM includes several Concept Learning Outcomes. Each CLO is taught individually, to ensure that all concepts are detailed sufficiently, and with adequate focus.
● Under an understanding with Parivartan Foundation, V2L is offered Free of Charge to select colleges under the Free500 Plan
● V2L Access Plan can be purchased directly by Colleges (for their students) and Individual-Students. Students can buy 10 hr and 30 hr plans for Individual-VPT, while 500 hr pan will be more suitable for Colleges under the Shared-VPT facility.
What is the understanding between Parivartan Foundation and EduNeev Solutions?
● Parivartan Foundation is a 80G, 12A-registered Non-Governmental Organisation. While it has been ‘Enabling Access to Education’ for several years, it was observed that very few NGOs have ventured forth in higher education, especially in the field of Engineering Education.
● EduNeev Solutions Private Limited is a for-profit corporate entity which among other interests has developed interactive content for Engineering and Applied Science domains.
● In view of the Pandemic, and its impact on college students, Parivartan and EduNeev came together to offer access to Vdo2Learn video library to Engineering Colleges. Parivartan and its CSR partners will provide Free500 coupons free of charge to colleges. EduNeev is the implementation agency for all purposes.
● A Free500 Access Plan is typically implemented in Shared-VPT mode, specific to each Course and includes a Coupon which enables a college to avail 500 hours of Shared Video Play Time free of charge. Colleges can review the Terms, and request for the Free500 SVPT plan for their students.
Will Parivartan’s Free500 plan be totally free for all times?
● Parivartan plans to offer Free500 initially for 2 semesters, and to select applicants in Phase 1. Subjected to utilisation levels and other Terms the Plan will continue to be renewed for further semesters.
How will Vdo2Learn help colleges?
● EduNeev and Parivartan have a common vision of ‘Nation-Building through Competency-Enhancement’, and one of the ways for this is ‘Enabling access to Education’.
● The ongoing Pandemic has disrupted access to quality education in Physical mode. Colleges face several constraints in developing effective and complete virtual repository of content. Vdo2Learn is an attempt to bridge this vital gap.
● V2L is a unique tool, specially relevant for current situation. Colleges can use V2L as a Pre-learn, Revisionary or integrate it into their Blended learning scheme of operation.
● If wielded purposefully, colleges can enhance their proposition to enrolled students, prospective admissions, parents, regulators, Industry and prospective employers.
How do I check if syllabus taught in my Institute is covered?
● Please visit https://cc.2learn.in, and select your paper code to view Topic-level coverage of your syllabus, the content modules, and their duration. You can also view the Module totals and overall totals for the Course.
Why do I need Course Coverage Plan?
● Most affiliating Universities and BTE differentiate themselves through their syllabus. Further, the syllabus of same subject varies even across related branches based on several factors.
● Course Coverage Plan showcases a detailed topic-by-topic comparison of the syllabus of each offered Paper Code, types and sequence of modules, and their reference position in the course.
How is V2L for Colleges, and how is it activated?
● Colleges can procure a Shared-VPT (SVPT) plan for each of their courses/paper-code. An SVPT plan is designed to be shared amongst all users enrolled in the course. Currently SVPT plans are available for 500 hr and 2000 hr durations.
● In case of V2L for Colleges, at the outset, the SVPT-Admin (or Teacher) registers for the Course on the 2Learn portal. While registering their must choose their Institution from the drop-down list provided. Each featured Institute has a unique ID appended at the end of the name in the list. If an Institute is not in the list, kindly contact us to have it included.
● After the SVPT admin has enrolled, and thereby activated the SVPT plan, each of their students can enrol into this plan by choosing the same institute. Each student will have a unique user credentials. This is helpful for activity and utilisation tracking. Upon enrolment each student gets 1 free hour to their Individual-VPT (IVPT) account.
● Students access the SVPT plan on a shared basis. If and when the SVPT plan allocation exhausts, students’ IVPT plan is activated automatically. This means that Student’s IVPT will be used if and when the SVPT capacity comes to zero and not before that. However if and when the SVPT balance is refreshed, the consumption will be switched to SVPT balance, and so on.
● The switch is effected on a new lesson, after completion of the ongoing lesson.
● The SVPT plan can be topped-up by the College at any time. The SVPT-Admin is able to view enrolled students, day and activity-based utilisation of SVPT minutes, and request for a user to be deleted if required.
● SVPT plans can be accessed only through the 2Learn android and Desktop app.
Which Courses are covered in Applied Sciences?
● Core curriculum subjects for Bachelors in Computer Applications (BCA), Masters in Computer Applications (MCA), BSc-Mathematical Sciences, BSc-Computer Sciences, BSc-Information Technology, BSc-Electronic sciences, including their Honours variants.
What is V2L for Students? Can an Individual student access Vdo2Learn?
● An Individual, who is un-connected to a college also can buy VPT plans. After choosing your paper code, against college name, scroll down and choose “Other” at the time of purchase. In this case Shared VPT is not activated.
● Such an Individual user may share his credentials and VPT with friends and classmates, across multiple devices, thereby spreading the cost among themselves.
What is Act2Learn?
● Act2Learn or A2L is an ‘Active Learning System’ designed for B.Tech, Diploma and Applied Science curriculum.
● Like V2L, A2L courses are customised to the syllabus of individual paper codes of each Affiliating University or BTE, and A2L courses are organised by Units, Sections, Topics.
● A2L treats each Topic in greater detail through,
☛ Active Learning Module (ALM) for individual Learning Outcome, with embedded Knowledge
☛ Outcome Review and Summary Quiz (ORSQ) modules, with questions encompassing all ALM on
☛ Problem Solving Modules (PSM), with solved and unsolved Past-Year-Questions on the
Topic and organised by Problem Learning Outcomes.
☛ GATE Problem Solving Modules or GPSM. provisioned for B.Tech courses at the end of
Sections aligned to GATE exam syllabus.
What is Active Learning Module?
● An Active Learning Module is an Interactive Video Learning Module.
● Each ALM includes one or more Active Learning Outcomes. Each ALO is taught individually to ensure that all concepts are detailed sufficiently and with adequate focus.
● Several Knowledge Checks are embedded in each ALM to help students verify their understanding of the concepts.
What is Outcome Review and Summary Quiz module?
● ORSQ addresses two objectives:
a) Outcome Review Module which summarises all Learning Outcomes taught in the Topic and revise key points taught so far, and
b) Summary Quiz which comprises several exam-oriented questions covering all ALOs taught in the topic.
What is Problem Solving Module?
● Problem Solving Module or PSM comprises several Problem Learning Outcomes and focus on each type of problems that have or are expected to come from the Topic in exams. PSMs also include problems that students are expected to solve, to ensure immediate application of learnt concepts.
What is GATE Problem Solving Module?
● GATE Problem Solving Modules are detailed Video Learning Modules comprising several GATE Learning Outcomes which focus on the solved and unsolved GATE Past Year Questions and the type of problems which come repeatedly from that Section.
● GPSM focus on advanced concepts and problem solving approaches, tips and tricks relevant to upcoming GATE exams.
Can I play the content in any browser?
● 2Learn’s content is secured to work only on 2Learn Android-mobile and Windows-desktop app. Unless specifically enabled otherwise it cannot be viewed via normal browsers.
● Demo Videos in the Sample Course or Eduneev2Learn YT channel videos can be played in any browser.
What is Video Play Time Access Plan?
● The usually offered ‘Number of Days’ (NoD) access plans are dysfunctional for students preparing for Semester-exams for several reasons.
☛ More often than not these plans lapse towards the end of the Semester – when students need them the most.Mostly these plans are device-locked and pin-down the student to one device – typically a mobile.
☛ These plans are typically offered in a desktop. However most engineering students (and students in general) are comfortable using a desktop for the long duration, serious study.Students cannot share a plan amongst themselves.
☛ A usual NoD access plan is designed for Individual students and not for Institutions. However, Institutions have their own needs, specially during/after Covid.
☛ If the Institution procures Individual student plan, there is a clear risk of unused capacity and wastage. This is effectively mitigated by a Shared-VPT plan in our case.
● These and several other issues are addressed in the VPT access plan.
☛ VPT plans are available for the entire semester.
☛ The login can be used 2Learn app on any supported device.
☛ Individual VPT plans can be shared on multiple devices.
☛ SVPT plans can be shared dynamically amongst all enrolled students, thereby serving the specific needs of Institutions.
☛ Plans can be topped up at any time.
How do we change the VPT access plan?
● Plans can be Topped up any time.
Who can Top-up the VPT access plan?
● SVPT admin can Top-up the Institution’s SVPT plan.
● Students can Top-up their own IVPT plans, whether stand-alone or connected to an Institute’s SVPT plan.
How do I report an error, suggest or register a complaint?
● At the top of each 2Learn course, a feedback activity has the facility to report errors, issues or suggestions.
● Complaints can be sent using Contact Us form on 2Learn website.
How do I get a refund?
● Unused VPT plans are not refundable.
When does my VPT lapse?
● VPT plans lapse at the end of the Semester in which they are activated which is 30 June and 31 December, respectively.
I am getting a balance error. What should I do?
● Write to us using Contact Us form and describe the issue.
I am getting a pop-up notification “Your Available Play Time for this course has completed. Please purchase more to continue.” on 2Learn App. What should I do?
● Please confirm that your Available VPT in the course is zero. If so and you wish to continue to access the course, please visit the 2Learn site, choose your course and purchase more VPT as required.
What is the objective of this Sample Course?
● The Sample Course is intended to showcase the course structure, organisation of Units, Sections, Topics, Learning modules etc using any browser.
● You will be able to access Demo videos section and play the videos in any browser However, the secure content can be access using the 2Learn app only. You can download the 2Learn mobile and desktop apps from playstore or 2Learn website.
● You can see the specific description of the Sample Course in the Course banner in the body of the course. The specifics of your paper code may be different from that shown in the Sample Course.
What is the FirstTime coupon? How do I see the videos?
● Use FirstTime coupon on the 2Learn course registration form to obtain 60 minutes of Video Play Time to access any two courses. Videos will be visible only through the 2Learn mobile or desktop app.
What is 2Learn App? Why do I need the App to access the videos?
● Secure 2Learn videos can be played only via the 2Learn Android Mobile app and 2Learn Windows Desktop app. The app can be downloaded via the 2Learn website or the playstore.
I am an Institution. My college does not figure in the List of Colleges on the site. What should I do?
● As far as possible all colleges have been listed under the respective Affiliating University/Board. However, if you are not able to see your college in the drop-down list, please use Contact Us to intimate us and have your college included.
I am an Institution. My University/Board does not figure in the List of Affiliations on the site. What should I do?
● Each course for each University/Board is customised for their specific syllabus. This is a detailed exercise. To include your University/Board you can contact us for the needful.
How do I download and run 2Learn App?
● Please download the app from 2Learn website or Playstore.
● You can also download 2Learn App using the following links:- Android App Desktop App (Windows) ☛ Note – Windows 10 is required to run 2Learn Desktop App.
● Steps to run the Desktop App:-
☛ Unzip the downloaded file.
☛ Run “2Learn Desktop.exe” (You can also create its shortcut on your desktop).
Is 2Learn App available on iOS?
● 2Learn is not yet available on iOS.
What is Enrol-Lock?
● Each User (identified by the User Name) can enrol in only one Paper Code of a Course at a time. Enrolling in more than one paper codes may result in irretrievable conflicts where some or all Sections of one or both courses will not be accessible to the User. Please verify this prerequisite before purchase. Use a separate User Name (Mail ID is the User Name) if you indeed need to enrol as above.
Can an Individual enrol in a Vdo2Learn course? I don’t belong to any college.
● Yes, an individual can enrol in a V2L course by selecting “Any-Other” option at the end of the Colleges List. This keeps you independent of any Colleges.
What is the right Vdo2Learn VPT Access Plan for an Individual?
● For Individuals 1 hour and 10 hour plans are ideal. Larger plans may be chosen by groups who can share a Login.
When can I do a Top-up on the Access Plan? Can I top up with any Plan?
● You can top up your existing VPT allocation with any available plan at any time before expiry.